The Precious Blood
By and by each day, we're living a life full of ups and downs in life. In the presence of the pressure and influences surrounding us, sometimes it feels as if we're living not for ourselves, not for God, but for others. Spending quiet time with God is mandatory, but when is it that it'll just happen so naturally the time set aside to talk to Him, listening to what He's trying to speak to us. With so many things to do each day, for the same 24 hours we've had each day, why is it that missing quiet time is so naturally.
Following the 40 days of Prayer for the Nations, with the fasting and prayers, God reminded me again and again of His faithfulness, through the answered, both Yes or No. His love that flows through other people in my life. I'm eternally grateful for His grace and mercy and blessings that He'd given me despite the times when I've negleted Him.
Through the trials and tests that He'd put us through, He's indeed putting our spiritual fiber of our lives to test. True enough, I can testify that I've been strengthened in the process, not only to benefit ourselves, but in turn it might become a blessing to those around us.
While doing daily devotions in the mornings, I was chanced into a song that really speaks to my heart, reminding me of what Jesus had done on the cross to clanse me once again. I was brought to the attention of the worship project by Soverign Grace, based on a collection of Puritan prayers called The Valley of Vision . An album is produced from the inspiration by these prayers.
The Precious Blood
Verse 1
Before the cross I kneel and see
The measure of my sin
How You became a curse for me
Though You were innocent
The magnitude of Your great love
Was shown in full degree
When righteous blood, the crimson spill
Rained down from Calvary
Whenever I bow down on my knees to cry to the Lord during Communion, the bread and wine that is served to me, reminded me of the Cross. How unmeasurable is my sin that have caused Him who is righteous and innocent to die for my sin. There are times when I felt unloved, but whose love can be compared to that shown on the cross, by every single drop of blood that is flown down from the Calvary.
Verse 2
And who am I that I should know
This treasure of such worth
My Savior's pure atoning blood
Shed for the wrath I'd earned
For sin has stained my every deed
My every word and thought
What wondrous love that makes me one
Your priceless blood has bought
The truth of the Savor's precious blood has been make known to us, reflecting the times when I've sinned against God, whether big or small. Even though I've unworthy of God's love, He still never give me up. The great mercy that I've recieved through this atoning sacrifice to bring me back to the Father. To think how great is God's love for me even when I'm unworthy of His love. Leading me to humble myself in worship to sing praises and worship Him wholeheartedly.
Chorus
Oh, the precious blood
That flowed from Mercy's side
Washed away my sin
When Christ my Savior died
Oh, the precious blood
Of Christ the crucified
It speaks for me before Your throne
Where I stand justified
Bridge
A crown of thorns, pierced hands and feet
A body bruised, and Mercy's plea
Lord, thanks for your unfailing love that flows from the Precious blood of Christ who'd been crucified bring us back to you once again. Thank you for thinking of us even at the Calvary. Where your word is justified on the Cross You've set before us.
"What great mercy I've recieved because the rightoeus blood of the spotless, innocent Lamb who Speaks for me before the throne, where I stand justified."
Thank you, Jesus.
Amen.
In Christ Alone,
Cyvia
CaLeB
Gmail
ErWiNa
JaCkIe
JoLyN
JoSePhInE
PeI ShAn
ReBeCcA
ShU MeI
WiLlIaM
XuE FeN
Yu QiN
*HaNgOuTs*
Singapore Covenant Presbyterian Church
Galvin's Homepage
Bible Gateway
Our Daily Bread
He Chose The Nails
Congenital Heart Information Network
Women of Faith
*nAmE*
Philipians 4:6-7
~October 2004
XuE FeN aKa C-vIa
*FiRsT CrY*
31st MaY
*ReLiGiOn*
ChRiSt'S AmBaSsAdOr
*FaVoUrItE VeRsEs*
Galatians 4:6-7
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Proverbs 3:5-6
Romans 12:12
*ArChIvEs*
~November 2004
~December 2004
~January 2005
~February 2005
~March 2005
~April 2005
~May 2005
~June 2005
~July 2005
~August 2005
~September 2005
~October 2005
~November 2005
~December 2005
~January 2006
~February 2006
~March 2006
~April 2006
~May 2006
~June 2006
~July 2006
~September 2006
~December 2006
~March 2007
~July 2007
~August 2007
~September 2007
~November 2007
~January 2008
~May 2008
~July 2008
~October 2008
~November 2008
Bible Verse of the Day
