A Year Has Passed, A New Year Awaits...
2007...
2007 is over! Can someone pls convince me that a year has just passed? Finished my counselling diploma course.. 6 months into my new job.. officially enrolled as a GB officer.. experienced planning for major events for bbgb, BB CARES & KidsGame ARISE Camp for the first time.. Hong Kong and Taiwan trips with family.. Oh my.. i just cant believe that a year has flown that fast, till I could not comprehend..
Studies…
No only that, I’ve just resumed my part-time studies last November after a year of break.. Organic chemistry down, Introductory Immunology down too! I really cant believe it! (Could someone wake me up?!) The most unbelievable thing is that I bearly attended the immunology lectures, mainly due to church and family commitments.. I didn’t really do well in my 2 quizes (which constitute 40% of my entire assessment) but I still trust that I’ll be able to get through it, by faith. Well, I’ve really spent a lot of the time studying for the final paper, breaking my record by studying from 8.30am – 5.30pm straight! (F.Y.I. that was the day before the exam.. =x) I don’t really expect extremely good results, all I want is to get it over and done with, seriously..
Rest..
And now, I really thank God the little ‘break’ that I can truly enjoy and relax.. This gives me more time to rest and to do the things that I've always wanted to do, but do not have the time to do so when I have up to as many as 4 night classes per week.. eg, spring cleaning etc etc.. during this time of break, it gives me more opportunity to do as much as I can in the BBGB ministry that I’m serving.. This ‘break’ though short lasting 1.5 month, it’s really the most precious gift I can get for now, before nightmares comes back and my next ‘break’ will be in 1 year’s time.
BBGB…
We were all caught by a surprise that both our BBGB leaders will be stepping down. Right from the start, the BBGB is already having the lack of manpower and so we’ve been praying for more ppl to step up to serve in this ministry. Instead of having more helpers coming in, ppl are already leaving.. I had an opportunity to speak to Uncle Jeremy who is leading the Sunday school ministry. He was sharing with me that he has been doing a lot in order to bring in more helpers (which I can see through the recruitment drive and posters in church). However, instead 7 stepped down and 2 cannot commit in the ministry every week due to unforeseen circumstances. I feel that God is working in the midst of all these challenges, not only in the BBGB ministry, but in all other ministries.. We’ll be doing our recruitment presentation next Sunday during the 2 services in church. Really pray that people will respond to our call, to come in and help in the ministry which is impactful in the lives of these children. Amen!
Health…
I don’t know why but ever since I know that I was born with a congenital heart defect, I feel that it is His plan that through this He is able to use me to do His work. I feel great to be His instrument to spread His love through the sharing of my personal testimony especially during the VMT in 2006. I’ll nv thought that God can use this imperfection in me to glorify His Name. I always thank God that even though He’d created this imperfection in me, I’m always still as healthy as anyone out there, being able to do what most people can do.. My condition can be worse, but He’s still in control of it.
Just went for my annual medical check-up at the National Heart Centre on Wednesday. (I thank God that I had a day off work! Hee..) It is a follow-up check-up after the surgery to repair the defect in my heart (Atrial Septal Defect) by inserting a metal device to mend the hole. I’ve been fine and well since then. Just in year 2004, I was diagnosed with mild mitral valve prolapse (MVP), incomplete closure of one of
the heart valves, resulting in the mixing of blood, the oxygenated and deoxygenated blood. This account for the occasional palpitations (fast heart rate even when doing normal easy tasks), the feeling of heavy heart beat esp when I’m resting and the tightness in my chest once in a while. It was disturbing but yet to be affecting my lifestyle. Had ECG done during the check-up shows that MVP is still rather mild, which is not serious enough for anything to be done and the device in my heart is still in place. So I thank really God for that.
Overall, I really thank God for the past year which He’d been protecting my from any ill health and I’m glad that I can still be the instrument to carry out His good work, journeying into completion in time to come. I don’t know when, but I know that God is good.
The coming year is a year of new challenge, esp in managing my time between church, ministry, work and studies.. I really pray for God's anoiting to plan my time well in order to use it most effectively in order to glorify His Name..
GB,
CaLeB
Gmail
ErWiNa
JaCkIe
JoLyN
JoSePhInE
PeI ShAn
ReBeCcA
ShU MeI
WiLlIaM
XuE FeN
Yu QiN
*HaNgOuTs*
Singapore Covenant Presbyterian Church
Galvin's Homepage
Bible Gateway
Our Daily Bread
He Chose The Nails
Congenital Heart Information Network
Women of Faith
*nAmE*
Philipians 4:6-7
~October 2004
XuE FeN aKa C-vIa
*FiRsT CrY*
31st MaY
*ReLiGiOn*
ChRiSt'S AmBaSsAdOr
*FaVoUrItE VeRsEs*
Galatians 4:6-7
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Proverbs 3:5-6
Romans 12:12
*ArChIvEs*
~November 2004
~December 2004
~January 2005
~February 2005
~March 2005
~April 2005
~May 2005
~June 2005
~July 2005
~August 2005
~September 2005
~October 2005
~November 2005
~December 2005
~January 2006
~February 2006
~March 2006
~April 2006
~May 2006
~June 2006
~July 2006
~September 2006
~December 2006
~March 2007
~July 2007
~August 2007
~September 2007
~November 2007
~January 2008
~May 2008
~July 2008
~October 2008
~November 2008
Bible Verse of the Day
